- This event has passed.
Virtual Recording Intensive
April 9 @ 12:00 pm - May 1 @ 4:00 pm
WEEKENDS April 9th – May 1st
This virtual recording intensive is designed to introduce you to the basics of creating high-quality recordings at home. Working with the industry standard recording program ProTools in a collaborative environment, we will explore recording voices for podcasts and learn to produce, record and mix music.
- April 9th 12pm-4pm
- April 10th 12pm-4pm
- April 16th 12pm-4pm
- April 17th 12pm-4pm
- April 23rd 12pm-4pm
- April 24th 12pm-4pm
- April 30th 12pm-4pm
- May 1st 12pm-4pm
All ages and abilities welcomed.
Enrollment limited to 12 students.
1. Computer – Macbook or iMac (system requirements
2. Interface – Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 $169 at Sweetwater or comparable interface
3. Pro Tools Ultimate 30-day free trial. How to install:
Avid Knowledge Base
4. iLok – $45 also at Sweetwater
Pro Tools System Requirements and Compatibility
Compatibility information for Pro Tools 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
Last Updated : February 2, 2022
Products Affected : Pro Tools, Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools First, Pro Tools Ultimate
Pro Tools System Requirements
System Requirements and Compatibility for Pro Tools & Pro Tools | Ultimate
December 8th, 2021
Pro Tools 2021.12 release
- Support Added
- Support Removed
- UVI Falcon removed from Pro Tools as of January 31st, 2022
⚠️ Latest Pro Tools Compatibility Notes ⚠️
macOS 12 Monterey
At this time macOS Monterey is not supported.
At this time Windows 11 is not supported.
macOS 11 Big Sur
Please see macOS 11 (Big Sur) and M1 Support for Avid Products for more info.
Please see Avid HD Driver Installation on macOS for best practices
Users may experience graphical issues when scrolling
Video Support with Apple silicon
Video Hardware is now supported on M1 Macs with Qualified drivers
Pro Tools System Usage CPU count on M1 Macs
Due to the innovative combination of Performance cores & High Efficiency cores in M1 machines, the Pro Tools Hardware Monitor will only display 4 CPUs as the majority of the processing needs to be accomplished in the Performance domain.
UVI Falcon Removal
UVI Falcon removed from Pro Tools & Pro Tools Ultimate as of January 31st, 2022
Minimum System Requirements:
- Intel® Mac with macOS 10.14.6, 10.15.7, 11.6
(please find version specific qualifications in the macOS Compatibility Grid below)
- Pro Tools – M1 (see computer specifications below) or Intel® Core i5 processor
- Pro Tools | Ultimate – M1 (see computer specifications below) or Intel® Core i5 (specific models only) or Intel® Core i7 processor
- 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended)
- Internet connection for installation
- 15GB disk space for installation
- PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard),
Thunderbolt port for supported PCIe-chassis or HD Native Thunderbolt
- USB port, FireWire port or Thunderbolt port for CoreAudio-supported audio device
For questions about equipment you will need and/or financial assistance contact email@example.com
Cost is $500
Would you like to help another girl attend one of our programs? You can do that here. You are greatly appreciated.